Original movie poster
|Directed by||Radley Metzger|
("Henry Paris", uncredited)
(as "Gerard Kikoine")
|Produced by||Serge Lincoln|
|Written by||Finley Walker|
|Starring||Dominique Saint Claire|
Vanessa del Rio
|Music by||Jane Glenn|
(as "Gerard Loubeau")
|Edited by||Jason Hyatt|
|Distributed by||Audubon Films;|
Caballero Control Corporation (CCC)
|85 minutes (US)|
The film was released during the Golden Age of Porn (inaugurated by the 1969 release of Andy Warhol's Blue Movie) in the United States, at a time of "porno chic", in which adult erotic films were just beginning to be widely released, publicly discussed by celebrities (like Johnny Carson and Bob Hope) and taken seriously by film critics (like Roger Ebert).
Adrianne is reading her diary in her hotel room, and begins to recall some of the adventures that she wrote in it, including her experiences with a young horse trainer, a man who offered her a lot of money to appear in an erotic film, the gambler who persuaded her to be a liberated woman, and more.
- Staff (2019). "Aphrodesia's Diary (1983)". IMDB. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris". Playboy. Archived from the original on February 4, 2016. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris" (PDF). ToniBentley.com. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Blumenthal, Ralph (January 21, 1973). "Porno chic; 'Hard-core' grows fashionable-and very profitable". The New York Times Magazine. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Porno Chic (Jahsonic.com)
- Corliss, Richard (March 29, 2005). "That Old Feeling: When Porno Was Chic". Time. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Ebert, Roger (June 13, 1973). "The Devil In Miss Jones - Film Review". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (November 24, 1976). "Alice in Wonderland:An X-Rated Musical Fantasy". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Cook, David A. (2002). History of the American cinema. 9. University of California Press. pp. 274–275. ISBN 0-520-23265-8.
- Heffernan, Kevin, "A social poetics of pornography", Quarterly Review of Film and Video, Volume 15, Issue 3, December 1994, pp. 77–83. doi:10.1080/10509209409361441.
- Lehman, Peter, Pornography: film and culture, Rutgers depth of field series, Rutgers University Press, 2006, ISBN 0-8135-3871-8.
- Williams, Linda, Hard core: power, pleasure, and the "frenzy of the visible", University of California Press, 1999, ISBN 0-520-21943-0.