|Developer(s)||Apache Kylin Committee|
|Initial release||June 10, 2015|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
In Nov 2014, Kylin joined Apache Software Foundation incubator.
Apache Kylin is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Calcite, Apache Spark and other technologies. These technologies are very powerful and matured, making Kylin able to support massive data load, and easily scale.
Kylin has the following core components:
- REST Server: Receive and response user or API requests
- Metadata: Persistent and manage system, especially the cube metadata;
- Query Engine: Parse SQL queries to execution plan, and then talk with storage engine;
- Storage Engine: Pushdown and scan underlying cube storage (default in HBase);
- Job Engine: Generate and execute MapReduce or Spark job to build source data into cube;
Apache Kylin has been adopted by many companies as their OLAP platform in production. Typical users includes eBay, Meituan, XiaoMi, NetEase, Beike, Yahoo! Japan.
- Hadoop 3.0 support (Erasure Coding)
- Fully on Spark Cube engine
- Connect more data sources (MySQL, Oracle, SparkSQL, etc)
- Ad-hoc queries without Cubing
- Better storage (Druid, Kudu, etc)
- Real-time analytics with Lambda Architecture
- "Previous Release". v0.7.1-incubating (First Apache Release). Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Previous Release". v2.6.3. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Apache Kylin - Release Notes". v3.0.0-alpha2 - 2019-07-31. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Apache Software Foundation. "The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Kylin™ as a Top-Level Project", 8 December 2015
- "Announcing Kylin: Extreme OLAP Engine for Big Data". www.ebayinc.com. 2014-10-20. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Kyligence announces funding building enterprise software around Apache Kylin".
- Kylin, Apache. "Apache Kylin | Development Quick Guide". kylin.apache.org. Retrieved 2018-11-08.