|Born||21 May 1850|
Rajaduar,North Guwahati, Assam
|Died||19 January, 1889 (39 Years)|
|Occupation||Lawyer, ICS officer.|
|Education||First Indian to attain the post of district magistrate in india. He was the first person to qualify for the civil services(I.C.S) from Assam and fifth from India in 1870, |
First Graduate of Assam
|Alma mater||Presidency College, Calcutta.|
|Period||1864 to 1869|
- Bhavabhuti's Mahavircharitam,
- Bhavabhuti and His Place in Sanskrit Literature (1878)
- A Practical English-Sanskrit Dictionary (Part I, II and III) (1877–80)
- Higher Sanskrit Grammar: Gender and Syntax (1879)
- Ancient Geography of India (1880)
- A Companion to the Sanskrit-reading undergraduates of the Calcutta University (1878)
- Comparison of a comprehensive dictionary of all Dialects of Bengal.
- "Anundoram Borooah Award Scheme". Assam Government. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Phani Deka (2007). The Great Indian Corridor In The East. Mittal Publications. pp. 101–. ISBN 978-81-8324-179-3. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Dipankar Banerjee. "A tale of the first torchbearer of higher education in Northeast". The Telegraph. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "For the first time in Assam". Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Ananda Ram Barua". Amtron.in. Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Ananda Ram Baruah Flyover's picture