Anonymous sex is a form of one-night stand or casual sex between people who have very little or no history with each other, often engaging in sexual activity on the same day of their meeting and usually never seeing each other again afterwards. The term cruising for sex is used to refer to a person searching for sexual activity with another person, usually anonymously. The internet is also a primary vehicle for people setting up anonymous sex. Anonymous sex is sometimes considered to be a form of prostitution when it involves an exchange of money or drugs for sex.
Anonymous sex is one of the highest-risk sexual activities, both as the sexual history of both partners are unknown to the other, and also because those engaging in anonymous sex are more likely to have had a large number of partners.
- "Anonymous Sex". Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Cruising in Ft. Lauderdale and Chicago". Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Page not found - Washington Blade: Gay News, Politics, LGBT Rights". Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- Kim, Andrea A.; Kent, Charlotte; McFarland, Willi; Klausner, Jeffrey D. (September 2001). "Cruising on the Internet Highway. : JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes". Jaids Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 28 (1): 89–93. doi:10.1097/00042560-200109010-00013. PMID 11579282.
- Inciardi, James A. (1 June 1995). "Crack, crack house sex, and HIV risk". Arch Sex Behav. 24 (3): 249–269. doi:10.1007/BF01541599. PMID 7611845.
- SAVAGE, BY DAN. "News & Features - Are you positive?". Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.