Annenkirche, Saint Petersburg
St. Anne's Church (Annenkirche in German; церковь Святой Анны in Russian) is a Lutheran church in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was built in 1775-1779 by Georg Friedrich Veldten for the German community in a Neoclassical style with Ionic columns.
After the church was closed in 1935, architect Alexander Gegello had it transformed into a cinema (called Spartak). At the beginning of the 21st century a nightclub opened inside the building and it was damaged by a fire. The building was restored in 2012-2013 by the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria, its new owner.
Every Sunday morning, there is a worship service is in Russian, and during the school year there is a service in English. Several rooms in the building house exhibitions by modern painters.