Anina Pinter is a Los Angeles-based costume designer known for her work in films such as The Field Guide To Evil, Divergent and the National Geographic television series Year Million. She was born in Hungary, later training in Rome for 10 years with Italian costume designers Carlo Poggioli, Gabriella Pescucci and Milena Canonero, studying costume design in Rome with Piero Tosi at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia.
|Education||Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia|
After the years of training in Rome, Anina began to work internationally on feature films as a costume designer, beginning with Perlasca – Un eroe Italiano. She worked as a costume illustrator on Peter Strickland's 2014 film The Duke of Burgundy. In 2016, Pinter worked with Italian Director Ivan Silvestrini on a Sky Italia feature film production, Monolith which was nominated for a David di Donatello Award. In 2017, Pinter was the costume designer for the National Geographic sci-fi docudrama TV series Year Million.
In 2018, she worked with British director Peter Strickland as costume designer for his segment of Legion M's The Field Guide To Evil, a horror anthology that screened at SXSW as well as film festivals around the world.
Pinter was announced as one of the international judges for the Not Film Fest in Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy, held in 2018.
|2002||Perlasca – Un eroe Italiano||Costume design|
|2008||Miracle at St. Anna||Costume assistant|
|2011||Season of the Witch||Assistant costume designer|
|2011||The Rite||Assistant costume designer|
|2012||The Raven||Assistant costume designer, key dresser|
|2013||Romeo & Juliet||Assistant costume designer|
|2014||Divergent||Assistant costume designer, manufacturing supervisor|
|2014||The Duke of Burgundy||Costume illustrator|
|2015||Jupiter Ascending||Costume concept artist|
|2016||Monolith||Costume designer||film festival releases|
|2018||The Field Guide to Evil||Costume designer||film festival releases|
|2017||Year Million||Costume designer|
- Sandor, Marik (2015). "Lényeket teremt a virtuális térben" [Creating in the Virtual Space]. Szabolcs-Szatmár-Beregi Szemle (in Hungarian). No. 2. pp. 75–88. ISSN 1216-092X.
- Costuming work at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia:
- "Menzione speciale della giuria di Arcipelago Film Festival all'attrice Elisa di Eusanio per "Au Pair"" [Special mention of the jury of Arcipelago Film Festival to the Elisa Di Eusanio actress for Au Pair]. Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (in Italian). Italy.
- "Cinema Trevi: il 21 ottobre incontri sui rapporti tra cinema e teatro. Alle 17.00 Marina Malfatti, Agnese Nano, Carolina Levi, Emanuela Giordano. Alle 21.00 Elisa Bolognini, Elena Falgheri, Vittorio Viviani" [Cinema Trevi: October 21st meetings on the relationship between cinema and theater. At 5.00 pm Marina Malfatti, Agnese Nano, Carolina Levi, Emanuela Giordano. At 21.00 Elisa Bolognini, Elena Falgheri, Vittorio Viviani]. Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (in Italian). Italy. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Dal 15 al 20 giugno al cinema Trevi film e cortometraggi di allievi ed ex allievi del Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia" [From 15 to 20 June at the cinema Trevi films and short films by students and former students of the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia]. Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (in Italian). Italy. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Credits listing : Costume designer" (PDF). Curzonblob.blob.core.windows.net. p. 20. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "The Duke Of Burgundy". Bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Accademia del Cinema Italiano - Premi David di Donatello". Daviddidonatello.it. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "sxsw review". Retrieved 24 December 2018.
- "Brutális lett és gyönyörű Peter Strickland magyar népmeséje". Magyar.film.hu. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "NÒT FILM FEST". FilmFreeway.com. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Filmography for Anina Pinter". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Miracle at St Anna Credits List" (PDF). Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Barneys Version". Tcm.com. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- Jose Vivar (2011-10-25). "Barneys Version Review". Tcm.com. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Season of the Witch credits". Cine.estamosrosando.com. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "The Rite Credits List" (PDF). Pad.mymovies.it. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "The Raven". Wipbelgrade.com. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Costume Designer - Fall 2013". Issuu.com. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Divergent Credits List" (PDF). Lionsgatepublicity.com. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Duke of Burgundy Credit List" (PDF). Curzonblob.blob.core.windows.net. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Monolith". Cineuropa.org. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Monolith Credit List" (PDF). Indiecanent.com. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Field Guide to Evil". Filmfestival.gr. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "BRIDAL WEDDING TV Series: Year Million - Viaggio nel futuro #Nati... - ilcostume". Digitalinta.com. Retrieved 23 November 2018.