Elter was a film star in Berlin before arriving in America from Poland. She had her first success in America with The Merry Widow (1925). She had an uncredited role as a blind musician. The movie was directed by Erich Von Stroheim and starred Mae Murray, John Gilbert, and Tully Marshall.
Elter worked with film director, Sascha Kilowrat of Vienna, Austria on several movie projects in association with the Berlin Film Manufacturing Company. She was chosen by Elinor Glyn to play the Bolshevik girl in The Only Thing (1925).
- "Anielka Elter". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Los Angeles Times, Actress Learns Rapidly, January 25, 1925, Page 29.
- Los Angeles Times, How do you like these Newcomers?, March 25, 1925, Page C4.
- Los Angeles Times, Czech Actress Signed, April 27, 1925, Page 13.
- Stevens Point, Wisconsin Daily Journal, Oh, Those Eyes!, January 15, 1925, Page 3.