Angelo Cavalluzzo (born March 1, 1993) is a former Canadian professional soccer player who played as a goalkeeper for Toronto FC II.
|Full name||Angelo Cavalluzzo|
|Date of birth||March 1, 1993|
|Place of birth||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2015||Toronto FC III|
|2016–2018||Toronto FC II||29||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 16, 2018|
Toronto FC II
Cavalluzzo began his career in 2012 with TFC Academy in the Canadian Soccer League, and in 2014 was transferred to Niagara United . He returned to TFC Academy in 2015 to play in the USL Premier Development League. Cavalluzzo would receive degrees in bio and chemical engineering while playing for McMaster University during this time.
In 2016, Cavalluzo was signed by Toronto FC II of the United Soccer League, where he appeared in 5 matches on an emergency basis. He made his debut on June 6, 2016 against Harrisburg City Islanders. On February 10, 2017 he extended his contract for the 2017 season. Cavalluzzo would be nominated for USL player of the month for March/April 2017, after making 18 saves and earning 3 clean sheets during that time. Upon completion of the 2017 season, Cavalluzzo would re-sign with the club for the 2018 season. Cavalluzzo would be a valuable player to Toronto FC II early in the 2018 season, but would ultimately see his season cut short in May after rupturing his achilles tendon.
He served as an assistant coach for the McMaster Marauders university men's and women's soccer teams from 2016-2018. In 2018 he became an analyst for the TFC Academy as well as serving as the University of Toronto Varsity Blues soccer assistant coach. In April 2019, he was named as the Varsity Blues women's soccer associate head coach and is currently the head coach of the Hamilton United League One Reserve, as well as an assistant and goalkeeper coach with the Toronto FC Academy.
- "Canadian Soccer League". 2012-06-06. Archived from the original on 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2017-03-28.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Niagara United | Canadian Soccer League". 2015-03-16. Archived from the original on 2015-03-16. Retrieved 2017-03-28.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "It's a matter of degrees for Hamilton goalkeeper". Hamilton Spectator. February 22, 2017.
- "Toronto FC II - 2016 Regular Season - Roster - #80 - Angelo Cavalluzzo - GK". www.uslsoccer.com. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Toronto FC II Sign Angelo Cavalluzzo".
- "USL Player of the Month Nominees - March/April". USL. May 6, 2017.
- "Toronto FC II announce roster moves". Toronto FC. December 4, 2017.
- Charlie O'Connor-Clarke (May 15, 2018). "Toronto FC II keeper Angelo Cavalluzzo out long-term with ruptured Achilles". Waking the Red.