Anew Revolution (often shortened to ANR) is an American rock band.
|Origin||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Nu metal, alternative metal|
|Years active||2005 - present|
|Associated acts||Ünloco, Slaves on Dope|
Frank "Frankie" Salvaggio
|Past members||Shaun Stockton|
Anew Revolution was formed by ex-Ünloco frontman Joey Duenas and includes Frank "Frankie" Salvaggio and Rob Urbani, former members of Slaves on Dope. The band released a five-track self-released EP in 2005 featuring the tracks "Cave In," "Rise," "Let Go," "Saddest Song," and "Pieces." In 2007 the band recorded several tracks performed at a live show held at The Machine Shop in Flint, Michigan and released a four-track CD which included new tracks "Bite My Tongue," "Savior," and "Blister & Burn." Anew Revolution officially signed a worldwide record deal with Koch Records in late August 2007.
On April 15, 2008 ANR released their first full-length album, Rise, produced by Mudrock (Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold) Tighter, heavier and more dynamic than the previous recordings, Rise features crowd favorites such as "Done", "Rise", "Generation".
Anew Revolution released their second studio record entitled iMerica May 18, 2010 via E1 Music. Produced by Ben Schigel, a musician, record producer and vocalist from the band Switched who has produced for such bands as Drowning Pool, Walls of Jericho, Chimaira & many more. This album was a graduation, of sorts, for Anew Revolution, Salvaggio saying, “We always project ourselves as an intense, driving band live. When we first started, we were finding our identity, from the EP to the first album, which was us finding our pocket. The birth of this album is where we are going to go and we know we can keep going.” iMerica featured a darker side to ANR with the crowd anthem "Head Against The Wall", and intense, darker sounding tracks like "Crucify" & "Social Suicide"
New Music (2012 - 2014)
In May 2012 Anew Revolution started a Kickstarter campaign to finance a new studio album, videos, artworks and other costs without having to rely on record labels. Surpassing their initial goal of $3,000 they raised a total amount of $5,352.
The unreleased songs included "Blister & Burn", "Creep", "Bite My Tongue" as well as "Dead and Crazy".
- "Crazy" - 3:11
- "Slow" - 3:51
- "My Reality" - 3:17
- "Haunt" - 3:48
To date there hasn't been word about a public release or hard copies. A full new album has not been finished.
- "Holiday Hangover" with Soulicit and Anchored (Winter 2012)
- "Under The Skin of Angels Tour" with Filter & Saliva (Summer 2011)
- Drowning Pool, Pop Evil, Trust Company (Spring 2011)
- "Hard Drive Live Tour" with Sevendust, 10 Years, & Since October (Fall 2010)
- Volbeat (Summer 2010)
- HELLYEAH (Winter 2010)
- Past tours: Nonpoint, 12 Stones, Ill Nino, Otep, Kittie, Hed PE, Dope, Taproot.
- Joey Duenas – Vocals/guitar (2005–present)
- Frank "Frankie" Salvaggio - Bass/backing vocals (2005–present)
- Rob Urbani - Drums (2005–present)
- Shaun Stockton - Guitar (2005–2010)
- Jay Frederick - Guitar (2010-2011)
- Joe Fox - (2012)
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter updates. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter comments. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter comments. Retrieved August 4, 2014.