Blake playing for the Philadelphia Union in 2017
|Full name||Andre Jason Blake|
|Date of birth||21 November 1990|
|Place of birth||May Pen, Jamaica|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Sporting Central Academy|
|Harbour View F.C.|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 October 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 July 2019
Blake spent three years playing college soccer at UConn, before signing a Generation Adidas contract with Major League Soccer. He registered 37 shutouts over his three years in goal for the Huskies, winning the Big East Goalkeeper of the Year Award in 2011 and 2012 and the AAC Goalkeeper of the Year Award in 2013. He was named a semifinalist for the Hermann Trophy in 2013.
Blake was selected by Philadelphia Union first overall in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. Originally anticipated to be the Union's starting goalkeeper, he was deputized to the bench when the Union signed designated player, Raïs M'Bolhi. Blake would make his first appearance for the Union in a friendly match against Crystal Palace in July 2014. He would make his first competitive start for the Union in a 1-0 win against Montreal Impact who debuted Didier Drogba as their new designated player. Blake would start for five of the remaining eight matches in the 2015 season. One of his most notable performances was on 26 September 2015, playing against New England Revolution, where Blake set a Union team record for saves in a match with 10 stops to preserve a 1-1 draw.
During the 2016 season, Blake cemented himself as the clear starting goalkeeper for the Union. In July 2016, he was included in the roster for the 2016 MLS All-Star Game. He was also selected to the 2019 MLS All-Star Game as the Union's only representative.
Blake made his Jamaica senior national team starting debut on 2 March 2014, versus Barbados, a 2–0 win. Blake earned his first medal for Jamaica later that year, winning the 2014 Caribbean Cup and earning the Golden Gloves award in the process.
Blake earned his U.S. green card in summer 2015. This status also qualifies him as a domestic player for MLS roster purposes.
|Club||Season||League||US Open Cup||League Cup||Total|
- "Jamaica's 40 player provisional list to Copa Centenario". Jamaica Football Federation. 3 May 2016. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Philadelphia Union Player Profile
- "UConn Andre Blake Profile". UConn Athletics. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Olympic Qualifying 2012". CONCACAF. 3 August 2011. Archived from the original on 26 September 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Union take Andre Blake in 1st pick". ESPN FC. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "How Union GK Andre Blake conquered hurdles to become a star". MLSSoccer.com. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Union showcase a few new faces in Friday night friendly against Crystal Palace at PPL Park". Philadelphia Union. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Andre Blake makes strong claim for Philadelphia Union starting goalkeeper job after win in Montreal". MLSSoccer.com. 22 August 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Union draw with New England as Blake sets single-game club save record". Philadelphia Union. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Villa, Pirlo and Kaka headline MLS All-Star squad to face Arsenal". FourFourTwo. 17 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Ralph, Matthew (24 June 2019). "Andre Blake will be lone Philadelphia Union representative at MLS All-Star Game". Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "Union rookie goalkeeper Andre Blake called up to Jamaican national team for pair of friendlies". Philadelphia Union. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Andre Blake and Jamaica defeats Trinidad and Tobago in shootout to win 2014 Caribbean Cup". Brotherly Game. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Marc Narducci (22 July 2015). "Union will face Red Bulls in U.S. Open Cup matinee". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- Andre Blake at Soccerway. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "Andre Blake". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "2019 MLS All-Star Roster". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Andre Blake named MLS Goalkeeper of the Year". Goal.com. 17 November 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "MLS Best XI revealed: Who was the best at each position in 2016?". MLSsoccer.com. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Gold Cup (26 July 2017). "Gold Cup Golden Glove Presented by Allstate". Retrieved 4 February 2019 – via Twitter.
- "TSG reveals Gold Cup Best XI". goldcup.org.