Oliver is a former member of the band Rip Rig + Panic; one of their notable television appearances came when they performed in an episode of the cult comedy show The Young Ones. She used to co-host the Channel 4 television show Baadasss TV alongside Ice-T and frequently appears on the BBC World Service and the BBC's annual coverage of Glastonbury Festival.
Other music projects
After 1983, Oliver became involved in Kalimba, an African inspired band. In 1990 she joined forces with her brother, forming the Mighty Hog.
- Host Truth About Food
- Host The Selector – A radio show for The British Council
- Host of BBC Four first-ever Radio 3 World Music Awards
- Took part in the charity performance of The Vagina Monologues at the Royal Albert Hall
- Took part in the Changing Cityscapes series for the BBC.
- In 2009 Oliver took part in BBC flagship drama No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, set in Botswana.
- In Summer 2012, she was a guest judge on the TV show Food Glorious Food, presented by Carol Vorderman during the Harrogate Regional Heats, first broadcast on 27 February 2013.
- Summer 2014, opens own kitchen, Sugarshack
- Regular panelist on The Kitchen Cabinet on BBC Radio 4 alongside Jay Rayner, Henry Dimbleby and Angela Hartnett
- Co-hosts Food Networks The Big Eat alongside Andy Bates and Ching He Huang
- Co-host of BBC's Christmas Kitchen with Matt Tebbutt - December 2016
- replaces Prue Leith as permanent judge on The Great British Menu with Matthew Fort and Oliver Peyton
Oliver was born in London, but her mother's family was of Antiguan descent. Andi Oliver is the mother of television presenter Miquita Oliver. Her brother Sean died in 1990 of sickle cell anaemia aged 27.
- BBC. "BBC TV".
- "Neneh and Andi". BBC. Archived from the original on 19 January 2009.
- "Changing Cityscapes: London", BBC News, 30 April 2009.
- Charlotte Philby, "My Secret Life: Miquita Oliver, television presenter, 24", The Independent, 17 January 2009.
- "Episode 2". Eight Go Rallying: The Road to Saigon. BBC2. 26 August 2018. Missing or empty
- Andrea Oliver page at BBC.