Born in Stockholm, Berglund is best known as conductor of Melodifestivalen, the Swedish final of the Eurovision Song Contest. He was musical director of the ESC when the event was hosted by Sweden in Malmö in 1992. In addition he also acted as one of the Swedish commentators for the 1999 Contest together with Pekka Heino.
In the 1970s he was a member of the band Blue Swede.
He composed the music of the musical SKÅL at the Maxim-theatre in 1985.
1997-2005 he was one of the team captains/pianists in the popular Swedish TV show Så ska det låta.
In Autumn 2007, Berglund arranged the music in the musical "Sound of Music" at the Göta Lejon.
Selected Original Scores composed
- 1983 - Two Boys and One Girl
- 1988 - Gull-Pian
- 1989 - 1939 (film)
- 1990 - Nils Karlsson-Pyssling
- 1997 - Pippi Longstocking
- "Anders Berglund – a musical chameleon", STIM
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 March 2012. Retrieved 2010-03-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 October 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|| Eurovision Song Contest conductor