An Innocent Adventuress
An Innocent Adventuress is a lost 1919 American silent comedy film directed by Robert G. Vignola and written by Clara Genevieve Kennedy. The film stars Vivian Martin, Lloyd Hughes, Edythe Chapman, Gertrude Norman, Jane Wolfe, and Tom Bates. The film was released on June 8, 1919, by Paramount Pictures.
|An Innocent Adventuress|
Ad for film
|Directed by||Robert G. Vignola|
|Produced by||Jesse L. Lasky|
|Screenplay by||Clara Genevieve Kennedy|
|Cinematography||Frank E. Garbutt|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, because her wealthy aunt and guardian Heppy (Chapment) is about to evict a poor family that lives on the estate, Lindy (Martin) destroys the letter which she believes demands that they vacate the premises. A robbery is committed in the neighborhood and Dick Ross (Hughes), a reformed crook who has been in Aunt Heppy's services, believes Lindy is in league with the crooks. Lindy thinks that he knows of her fancied crime and half confesses to him. To shield her he is about to confess to the crime when the tramp who is guilty and who had been fed and clothed by the generous Lindy clears up the mystery concerning the robbery. Lindy then tells him of the letter, and he informs her that it was not so important a document as she had imagined, and that she is not in danger of arrest. They then plight their troth.
- Vivian Martin as Lindy
- Lloyd Hughes as Dick Ross
- Edythe Chapman as Aunt Heppy
- Gertrude Norman as Mrs. Cribbley
- Jane Wolfe as Mrs. Bates
- Tom Bates as Chilowee Bill
- Hal Clements as Doc Brogan
- Jim Farley as Brogan's Accomplice
- Spottiswoode Aitken as Meekton
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:..An Innocent Adventuress Retrieved October 1, 2016
- "An Innocent Adventuress". AFI. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "An Innocent Adventuress (1919) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Reviews: An Innocent Adventuress". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 8 (25): 52–53. June 14, 1919.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to An Innocent Adventuress.|