Amur senza fin
Amur senza fin is a Swiss romantic comedy-drama television film directed by Christoph Schaub. It is the first-ever Romansh language television film and made its debut at the Festival del film Locarno. The film was also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival before airing on Swiss national television in September 2018. Cinema Management Group purchased the international distribution rights for the film.
|Amur senza fin|
|Directed by||Christoph Schaub|
|Produced by||Reto Schaerli|
|Written by||Sabine Pochhammer|
Tonia Maria Zindel
|Music by||Balz Bachmann|
|Edited by||Gion-Reto Killias|
|Distributed by||Cinema Management Group|
In a small village in Grisons, Mona and Gieri, a middle-aged couple who have been married for twenty years, are having difficulty with their romantic relationship. They befriend Father Nanda Sharma, their village's new Catholic priest, and ask for his advice to help spice up their relationship. His unconventional ways stir up trouble in the village. Upon discovering that Gieri has had an extramarital affair, Mona leaves him. She opens a café and starts dating another man. Gieri, encouraged by their two children, tries to win her back.
- Rebecca Indermaur as Mona
- Bruno Cathomas as Gieri
- Tonia Maria Zindel as Guilia
- Beat Marti as Urs
- Marietta Jemmi as Carla
- Murali Perumal as Father Nanda Sharma
- René Schnoz as Silvio
- Anita Iselin as Ladina
- Martin Rapold as Michael
- Muriel Degonda as Peppina
- Bono Jacomet as Leo
- Peter Jecklin as Vicar General Huber
- Roman Weishaupt as Hunter
Production and release
Amur senza fin was directed by Christoph Schaub and co-produced by the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation's Zodiac Pictures LTD and premiered at the Festival del film Locarno in August 2018. In September 2018 it was screened at the Toronto International Film Festival. On 2 September 2018 Amur senza fin was shown at more than 20 cinemas throughout Switzerland for Cinema Day. The television premiere was broadcast on 23 September 2018 on SRF 1. It is the first Romansh language television film produced.
Cinema Management Group, a Los Angeles–based film company, bought the international distribution rights for Amur senza fin.
- "Amur senza fin". Cineuropa. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Amur senza fin". Locarno Film Festival. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "US distributor acquires rights to "Amur senza fin"". Swissinfo. Swiss Broadcasting Corporation. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "True Romansh". Swiss In Flight Entertainment. 1 September 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Schaub, Christoph. "Amur Senza Fin". Schaub Film. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Maurer, Christian (30 July 2018). "Knacknuss war die Aussprache". Blick. Ringier. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Worldwide distribution of movies for "Amur senza fin"". Vaaju. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2019.