Amrit Manthan (English: The Changes of Amrit) is an Indian television soap opera, which premiered on 26 February 2012 and ran through 2 August 2013 on Life Ok. It is the story of two sisters who become each other's enemies. This show was also broadcast as Bairi Behna on Star Utsav.
Intertitle of Amrit Manthan
|Also known as||Bairi Behna (on Star Utsav)|
|Created by||Director Kut's Productions|
|Written by||Sonali Jaffar|
M P Anamika
|Directed by||Romesh Kalra|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||215+|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Director Kut's Productions|
|Original network||Life OK|
|Original release||26 February 2012 –|
2 August 2013
Amrit Manthan is the story of two sisters Amrit and Nimrit. Starting off as best friends, fate leads them to turn into enemies. Nimrit survives as Amrit attempts to kill her. But her face is ruined and changed by plastic surgery and she returns as Natasha Oberoi to seize everything that Amrit has taken from her. A lookalike of Nimrit (later revealed to be her long lost twin), named Shivangi, comes to town and helps Nimrit in her battle against Amrit and succeeds. Shivangi then leaves to pursue her career and marries a superstar.
After a series of events, Nimrit thinks that her husband, Agam and Amrit have died, but they survive. Nimrit and Agam have a daughter named Gurbani. Amrit returns with Yug as her fiance with an aim to ruin her sister's and Agam's lives. Amrit tries to incite Gurbani to rebel against her parents but fails. Eventually, the sisters set aside their difference and Amrit reforms herself. With Yug gone, Amrit marries Tej.
Agam is killed by Angad/Karan due to a misunderstanding. Angad forces Nimrit to marry him. Amrit is abducted by Yug who creates misunderstandings and has Amrit arrested. Rajjo helps rescue Amrit and exposes Yug as having tried to kill her nad her family and has him arrested.
Amrit is pregnant with Tej’s child. Nimrit accepts Angad as her husband and is pregnant with his child.
- Adaa Khan as Amrit Malik-Tej’s wife, Nimrit and Shivangi's elder sister.
- Ankita Sharma as Nimrit (after plastic surgery)-Agam’s wife, Amrit's younger sister and Shivangi's twin sister.
- Ankita Sharma as Natasha Oberoi-Mr. Oberoi's daughter whose face was given to Nimrit and Yug's wife.
- Dimple Jhangiani as Nimrit Malik-Agam’s wife, Amrit's younger sister and Shivangi's twin sister.(before plastic surgery)
- Dimple Jhangiani as Shivangi Kaur Sodhi-Nimrit's twin sister.
- Navi Bhangu as Agam Malik-Amrit's former fiance and Nimrit's first husband.
- Wasim Mushtaq as Tej Malik-Amrit's husband.
- Angad Hasija as Angad Malik/Karan Chabiara-Nimrit's second husband.
- Karan Veer Mehra as Yug Mehra- Natasha's husband and Amrit’a former fiance.
- Ananya Agarwal as Gurbani-Nimrit and Agam's daughter.
- Dhriti Mehta as Jyoti-Amrit and Tej's daughter.
- "Life OK launches new show 'Amrit Manthan'".
- "Adaa Khan misses Dimple!". Times of India.
- "Seven-year leap for 'Amrit Manthan".
- "Mysteries to Unfold in Amrit Manthan". India Times.
- ""The wait for Amrit Manthan has been worth it," says Adaa Khan".
- "Angad Hasija, who was last seen in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai playing the role of a mentally challenged man, now enters Rajan Shahi's Amrit Manthanas a Punjabi munda".
- "Karan Mehra to essay Yug in Amrit Manthan". Times of India.
- "Amrit Manthan & Saubhagyavati's crossover episode". Times of India.