Amiruddin bin Hamzah (Jawi: اميرالدين بن حمزه) is a Malaysian politician. He is a member of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (BERSATU) and member of parliament for Kubang Pasu. He was appointed Deputy Finance Minister of Malaysia in July 2018.
اميرالدين بن حمزه
|Deputy Minister of Finance|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2018
|Prime Minister||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Minister||Lim Guan Eng|
|Preceded by||Othman Aziz as Deputy Minister of Finance I |
Lee Chee Leong as Deputy Minister of Finance II
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Kubang Pasu
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Mohd Johari Baharum (UMNO-BN)|
|Member of the Kedah State Legislative Assembly|
for Anak Bukit
|Assumed office |
18 July 2002
|Preceded by||Fadzil Noor (PAS)|
Amiruddin bin Hamzah
20 April 1962
Kuala Kedah, Kedah, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) (until 2017)|
Malaysian United Indigenous Party (BERSATU) (2017-present)
|Spouse(s)||Nora Mohamed Noor|
|Residence||No.26, Taman Perumahan Al Azhar, Pulau Nyior, 06000 Jitra, Kedah|
|Alma mater||University of Bradford|
Amiruddin was a Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) member until he quits to join BERSATU in 2017.
|2002||Anak Bukit||Amiruddin Hamzah (PAS)||8,298||55.17%||Zakaria Said (UMNO)||7,790||48.04%||16220||508||83.61%|
|2004||Amiruddin Hamzah (PAS)||10,240||50.05%||Abd Muthalib Harun (UMNO)||10,144||49.58%||20,641||96||84.17%|
|2008||Amiruddin Hamzah (PAS)||12,493||57.10%||Harisfadzilah Hussain (UMNO)||8,687||30.71%||21,877||3,806||83.46%|
|2013||Amiruddin Hamzah (PAS)||13,822||54.66%||Hashim Jahaya (UMNO)||11,016||43.57%||25,286||2,806||87.30%|
|Abd Samat Che Noh (IND)||85||0.34%|
|2018||Amiruddin Hamzah (PPBM)||9,831||42.30%||Johari Aziz (UMNO)||5,200||22.37%||23,241||1,579||82.35%|
|Hamdi Ishak (PAS)||8,231||35,42%|
|1999||Langkawi, Kedah||Amiruddin Hamzah (PAS)||5,802||31.97%||Abu Bakar Taib (UMNO)||12,349||68.03%||18,566||6,547||80.43%|
|2018||Kubang Pasu, Kedah||Amiruddin Hamzah (PPBM)||29,984||49.70%||Mohd Johari Baharum (UMNO)||16,975||28.14%||61,452||13,009||83.18%|
|Norhafiza Fadzil (PAS)||13,375||22.17%|
- "New Cabinet all sworn-in before King (Full List) - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Amiruddin switches his loyalties". The Star. 27 November 2017. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Senarai Timbalan Menteri dan pasangan (in Malay) Retrieved 19 October 2018
- "BN rampas Pendang -- Pas kekalkan kerusi Anak Bukit dengan majoriti susut kepada 508 undi" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. 19 July 2002. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 10 May 2013. Percentage figures based on total turnout, excluding informal votes.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "62 terima darjah kebesaran hari ini" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. 17 January 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Hashim, Roslinda (25 August 2019). "Mukhriz dahului senarai penerima darjah kebesaran" (in Malay). Sinar Harian. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Mukhriz dahului senarai penerima darjah kebesaran daripada Sultan Kedah". Bernama (in Malay). Berita Harian. 25 August 2019. Retrieved 25 August 2019.