American International School of Medicine
The American International School of Medicine (AISM) is a private medical school with its main campus in Georgetown, Guyana. Graduates obtain a Medical Doctorate upon completion of the four year medical program.
|President||Dr. Colin A Wilkinson|
AISM was established in 1999 by International Medical Educators Associates, Inc. (IMEA) in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, headed by Dr. Colin A. Wilkinson. The establishment of AISM in Guyana was approved by the Cabinet of the Government of Guyana on October 19, 1999. The first batch of students was admitted in January 2000. Since then, AISM has graduated over 350 physicians who are working in Guyana, U.K., USA, Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Trinidad, Pakistan, Tanzania and other countries.
AISM is chartered in and is recognized by the government of Guyana. AISM is registered with the National Accreditation Council of Guyana. The university is listed in the AVICENNA directory of medicine and the FAIMER International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and World Health Organization.
AISM has a four year Medical Doctorate (MD) Program. It consists of 5 semesters of basic sciences and 6 semesters of clinical sciences. The basic sciences program is taught at the Georgetown, Guyana campus and the clinical sciences program is completed in Guyana, the USA, or the UK.
- Basic Sciences per semester: $7,500 USD
- Clinical Sciences per semester: $8,500 USD
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2014-12-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2012-03-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-03-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Author, AISM, 2012, http://www.aism.edu/index/content/122 Archived 2012-03-25 at the Wayback Machine, 2 March 2012