|Motto||In Sanctitate et Doctrina|
Motto in English
|In Holiness and Learning|
|Type||Private Roman Catholic Women's College|
|Affiliation||School Sisters of St. Francis (Roman Catholic Church)|
|Chairperson||Mary Beth Berkes|
|President||Sister Andrea Lee|
3400 S. 43rd Street,
Alverno offers undergraduate programs and a coeducational Master of Arts program for teachers and business professionals, the Alverno MBA, and a Master of Science in nursing. The Weekend College was opened in 1977 as the first alternative time-frame program in Milwaukee to serve working women in the Milwaukee area. It is still primarily a women's college. The baccalaureate degree programs, residences, etc. are still open only to women; graduate degree programs are open to both women and men.
Alverno College teams participate as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division III. The Inferno are a member of the Northern Athletics Conference (NAC). Alverno was also a member of the Lake Michigan Conference until the spring of 2006. Women's sports include basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball. Boxing was added as a club sport in 2016, and the team competes as part of the United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association; they have earned one individual championship as of 2019.
- Carole Barrowman, English professor and author
- As of June 30, 2009. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2009 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2008 to FY 2009" (PDF). 2009 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-12-14. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- Songe, Alice. American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes. Scarecrow Press (Metuchen, NJ: 1978), p. 6
- "Alverno's Grading System - Alverno College - Alverno College". www.alverno.edu. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- Sharkey, Kaitlin (May 2, 2018). "'I feel a whole lot safer:' Alverno College Boxing Club builds self-confidence, camaraderie". Fox 6 Now. Retrieved 2019-09-03.