1941 (age 77–78)
Baileyville, Maine, U.S.
|Height||1.61 m (5 ft 3 in)|
Currier was born in 1941 in Baileyville, Maine and moved to Southern California in the late 1950s. She was a model and actress, noted for her large-breasted figure, who appeared in a number of erotic nudie-cuties and sexploitation B grade films in the 1960s.
After moving to Los Angeles, Currier worked as a dance instructor for Arthur Murray studios and became involved in the entertainment field. She appeared in a number of low-budget B-movies in the early 1960s, making her debut in Russ Meyer's Erotica (1961), reportedly chosen by him because of her large breasts. Currier appeared in several films by Meyer and Peter Perry, and worked with producers such as Dan Sonney and Harry Novak.
Currier became involved in glamour/nude modeling and appeared in many men's magazines of the time, including Mosaic, Modern Man, Adam, Scamp, All Man and Man's Life. She was also featured in Adam magazine's 1964 full-color calendar and wrote an advice column for the magazine entitled "Ask Althea" from 1964 to 1967.
- Erotica (1961) by Russ Meyer
- Mr. Peter's Pets (1962) by Peter Perry
- Surftide 77 (1962) by Lee Frost
- Heavenly Bodies! (1963) by Russ Meyer
- Knockers Up (1963) by Peter Perry
- The Naked Flame (1964) by Lawrence Matlansky
- Everybody Loves It (1964) by David F. Friedman
- Kiss Me Quick! (1964) by Peter Perry
- Lorna (1964) by Russ Meyer
- Sinderella and the Golden Bra (1964) by Loel Minardi
- The Girls on F Street aka Maidens of Fetish Street (1966) by Saul Resnick
Select magazine photo layouts
- Scamp (1961) Vol. 5, No. 3
- Adam (1962) Vol. 6, No. 6
- Sir Knight (1962) Vol. 3, No. 2
- Mosaic (1962) No. 4
- RizKay (1962) No. 1
- Modern Man (1963) November
- Adam (1963) Vol. 7, No. 11
- Modern Man Annual (1963) Winter
- French Follies (1964) Vol. 2, No. 1
- Adam (1964) Vol. 8, No. 6
- Adam (1965) Vol. 9, No. 6
- Modern Man Deluxe (1966) Vol. 38
- Beau (1967) Vol. 3, No. 14
- All Man (1967) Vol. 8, No. 2
- Man's Life (1970) Vol. 14, No. 1
- Candid (Unknown Year) Vol. 78, No. 7
- Sir Knight pictorial
- "1964 ADAM CALENDAR ~ VIRGINIA ROGERS ALTHEA CURRIER KAREN SHARP". ebay.com. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Adam magazine Vol 9 1 1964". Etsy. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- PIX v 1 no 5, 1965, "Dr. Breedlove"
- Meyer, Russ (2000). A Clean Breast, Vols 1 & 3. The Hauck Publishing Company, Inc. ISBN 0-9621797-0-1.
- Sullivan, Steve (1999). Glamour Girls: The Illustrated Encyclopedia. St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 0-312-20651-8.
- Kemp, Marv (November 1963). "Russ Meyer: Nude Movie Mogul". Modern Man. XIII (5–148): 29–32.
- "Nude Movies". Modern Man Annual. 27: 21–52. Winter 1963.