Alternate lighting of surfaces
Alternate lighting of surfaces (ALiS) is type of plasma display technology jointly developed by Fujitsu and Hitachi in 1999. Alternate lighting of surfaces uses an interlaced scanning method rather than a progressive one. This technique allows native lower resolution plasma display panels to display at higher resolutions. This technique also helps in prolonging panel life and power consumption reductions.
- Fujitsu General – Fujitsu’s Display Innovations
- HITACHI – 1080P Full HD ALIS Panel Archived 2010-02-27 at the Wayback Machine
- PCTechGuide.com – ALiS
- CNET - ALiS (alternate lighting of surfaces)
- Webopedia Computer Dictionary – What is ALiS?
- Google Books – Newnes Guide to Television and Video Technology By K. F. Ibrahim, Eugene Trundle
- UltimateAVMag.com - Hey, ALIS! Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Hitachi.com - Environmental Sustainability Report 2004 - 3. Wooo Series Plasma Television