AltSounds is a video streaming site. It began as an Internet publication devoted to music criticism and commentary, music news, and artist interviews. Its focus is on alternative music. In 2015 it changed format to providing video playlists only.
Type of site
|Created by||Chris Maguire|
The website was originally created in 2004 by editor-in-chief Chris "MUG5" Maguire. AltSounds published content from different contributors including, academics and professional journalists to career professionals and first time writers. It included news, interviews, record reviews, as well competitions.
In June 2008, the website formed a record label, Altsounds Records, signing Winch House as their first act. In November 2012, AltSounds was added to the list of ratings sources of AnyDecentMusic?. In 2015, the format of the magazine format was changed to video streaming only. In 2016, Maguire founded the creative marketing agency RIOT.
- "AltSounds.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "About AltSounds - AltSounds". AltSounds. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "What is AltSounds?". AltSounds. Archived from the original on 2012-06-22. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "The Groove Orient". ReverbNation. eMinor. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Rhonnie (February 10, 2011). "The Lowdown: Alex Lackner from Lazarus A.D. "Well I'd be lying if I said things are going smoothly."". Braingell Radio. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "The week in ADM". AnyDecentMusic?. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Altsounds Records forms, signs Winch House". Alternative Press. Alternative Press Magazine, Inc. June 16, 2008. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- Davies, Ffion (November 25, 2012). "AltSounds joins the Any Decent Music chart". AltSounds. Archived from the original on 2014-05-08. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Our Culture". RIOT | New York City Creative Agency: A new take on creativity. Retrieved 2017-04-09.