Alphonse Henri, Count of Harcourt
|Count of Harcourt|
|Born||14 August 1648|
|Died||19 October 1718 70) (aged|
|Spouse||Marie Françoise de Brancas|
|Anne Marie Joseph, Count of Harcourt|
François Marie, Count of Maubec
|Father||François Louis, Count of Harcourt|
Born to François Louis, Count of Harcourt and his wife, Anne d'Ornano, he was the couple's third child. His older brother, François de Lorraine, Batard d'Harcourt, was illegitimate, having been born before his parents were married. As such, François was not entitled to inherit his father's land and titles.
As such, at his father's death in 1694, Alphonshe became the Count of Harcourt having been styled as the Prince d'Harcourt.
At the age of eighteen, he married Marie Françoise de Brancas on 21 February 1667 in Paris. The couple had three children, two sons and a daughter. Françoise was the eldest of two daughters born to Charles de Brancas and his wife Suzanne Garnier. Her sister Marie married into the Brancas family.
- Suzanne de Lorraine, Mademoiselle d'Harcourt (16 October 1668–January 1671) died in infancy;
- Anne Marie Joseph de Lorraine, Prince de Guise, Count of Harcourt (30 April 1679 – 29 April 1739) married Marie Louise Jeannin de Castille and had issue;
- François Marie de Lorraine, Count of Maubec (10 August 1686 – 1706) died at the Guastalla during the War of the Spanish Succession.
|Ancestors of Alphonse Henri, Count of Harcourt|
References and notes
- van de Pas, Leo. "Alphonse Henri de Lorraine". Genealogics .org. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- Georges Poull, La maison ducale de Lorraine, 1991