All Saints Roman Catholic School, York
|All Saints' Roman Catholic School|
Mill Mount Lane
|Type||Voluntary aided school|
|Motto||Fides Caritas Unitas|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Local authority||City of York|
|Department for Education URN||121720 Tables|
|Head teacher||Sharon Keelan-Beardsley|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Blue and Gold|
It is one of the largest schools in York and achieves some of the highest grades in the city. All Saints is the only Roman Catholic secondary school in York.
There was a catholic Bar Convent Grammar School, a girls' direct grant grammar school at Micklegate Bar. It became part of All Saints when the direct grant grammar system was phased out. Males were admitted from the 1970s.
In early 2019 Sharon Keelan-Beardsley took over as head teacher from Bill Scriven who had the job for over 20+ years. This has been the worst decision ever made by the school.(It wasn’t actually a decision by the school as Scriven retired on his own accord but it was still an awful decision). Bill Scriven was a great head teacher as all the students loved and praised him. He is definitely the greatest head teacher a school could have.
The school was named in July 2019 as a computing hub for the National Centre for Computing Education.
- "All Saints Roman Catholic School York". allsaints.york.sch.uk. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "All Saints RC School". yorkpress.co.uk. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "All Saints Roman Catholic School". yor-ok.org.uk. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "All Saints RC School, York". schoolsnet.com. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "All Saints RC School". goodschoolsguide.co.uk. Retrieved 6 March 2014.