|Full name||Alipate Carlile|
|Date of birth||30 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Lautoka, Fiji|
|Draft||2005: Pick 44 (Port Adelaide)|
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (216 lb)|
|2006–2016||Port Adelaide||167 (5)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Carlile played lots of basketball and soccer as a junior before beginning his Australian rules career semi-professionally with the Wangaratta Rovers. The big bodied 192 cm and 98 kg Carlile was selected by Port Adelaide at pick 44 in the 2005 AFL Draft from the Murray Bushrangers.
In 2007, he played his first game for the year in round 14, playing 7 consecutive games in a relatively successful Port Adelaide team. He then played in the round 22 match, and the first week of the finals, but was dropped for the preliminary final in favour of experienced player Darryl Wakelin.
2008 was Carlile's break out season, playing all 22 games in the season, a first for Carlile. He quickly become a stalwart in defense for his tight checking role and ability to run forward of the play. He averaged 13 disposals, five marks and two tackles. He was recognised with the Gavin Wanganeen Medal. In 2010, he came third in the John Cahill Medal.
Carlile's 2015 season was hampered and then abbreviated by an ongoing hip injury. He played just 12 games, the last of which was in round 14, his lowest tally in a season since 2007. He did however manage to poll the first Brownlow votes of his career after an outstanding display against Hawthorn in which he kept Jarryd Roughead goalless to be a key player in Port's win against Hawthorn.
- Makaba, Jo Carlile backs countrymen Fiji Times. 15 October 2008
- Fjeldstad, Jesper (12 September 2010). "Port Adelaide midfielder Kane Cornes picks up third Power best and fairest". Sunday Mail (SA).
- Rucci, Michelangelo (31 August 2016). "Port Adelaide defender Alipate Carlile retires from AFL football". The Advertiser. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Alipate Carlile's profile on the official website of the Port Adelaide Football Club
- Alipate Carlile's playing statistics from AFL Tables