Algernon St Maur, 14th Duke of Somerset
Algernon Percy Banks St. Maur, formerly Seymour, 14th Duke of Somerset, etc. (22 December 1813 – 2 October 1894) was the son of Edward St. Maur, 11th Duke of Somerset and Lady Charlotte Hamilton. He succeeded to the ducal title in 1891; he was also a baronet.
On 17 May 1845, he married Horatia Isabella Harriet Morier, daughter of John Philip Morier. They had four children:
- Algernon St Maur, 15th Duke of Somerset (22 July 1846 – 29 October 1923)
- Major Lord Percy St. Maur (11 November 1847 – 16 July 1907), m. the Hon. Violet White, daughter of Luke White, 2nd Baron Annaly and had issue.
- Lord Ernest St. Maur (11 November 1847 – 21 May 1922)
- Lord Edward St. Maur (7 February 1849 – 15 September 1920)
|Ancestors of Algernon St Maur, 14th Duke of Somerset|
- Joseph Banks (1 January 2000). The Letters of Sir Joseph Banks: A Selection, 1768-1820. World Scientific. p. 389. ISBN 978-1-86094-204-4.
- Charles Roger Dod (1855). Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage. S. Low, Marston & Company. p. 663.
- Dod's Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage of Great Britain and Ireland, Including All the Titled Classes. 1914. p. 1035.
- Richard Mead (1 January 2013). The Last Great Cavalryman: The Life of General Sir Richard McCreery, Commander Eighth Army. Casemate Publishers. p. 39. ISBN 978-1-84884-465-0.
|Peerage of England|
| Duke of Somerset
Algernon St Maur
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.