Algeria men's national ice hockey team
|Association||Association Algérienne de Hockey sur Glace et Inline|
|Head coach||Harond Litim|
|Most games||Several Players (5)|
|Top scorer||Hakim Boukhaloua (5)|
|Most points||Harond Litim (11)|
(Abu Dhabi, UAE; 16 June 2008)
(Laval, Canada; 20 September 2017)
(Laval, Canada; 17 September 2017)
(Laval, Canada; 22 September 2017)
|Arab Cup of Ice Hockey|
|Appearances||1 (first in 2008)|
|Best result||4th (2008)|
|International record (W–L–T)|
Formed in 2006, Algeria is currently not a member of the IIHF. The national team was formed with the increasing number of Algerians who are playing ice hockey around the world. In June 2008, Algeria took part in the inaugural Arab Cup in Abu Dhabi, also involving the national teams of Kuwait, Morocco, and the host nation, the UAE. Algeria finished last, with Algerian forward, Harond Litim winning the MVP of the tournament award.
In April 2009, it was announced that Nordine Mahdidi, a member of the 2008 Arab Cup team, would take over as Head Coach of the team.
2009 Arab Cup Roster
From the 2009 Arab Cup Roster
2008 Arab Cup Roster
All-time record against other nations
- Grigg, John. "Team Algeria gets much-needed exposure at Arab Cup". The Hockey News. Archived from the original on 12 February 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Algeria Men All Time Results" (PDF). National Teams of Ice Hockey. 22 September 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- (in French) Association Algérienne de Hockey sur Glace et Inline
- Official Dailymotion Page
- Official YouTube Page
- National Teams of Ice Hockey
- Prohockeynews.com article