Alf's Button Afloat
Alf's Button Afloat is a 1938 British comedy film directed by Marcel Varnel and starring Bud Flanagan, Chesney Allen, Jimmy Nervo, Alastair Sim and Peter Gawthorne. In the film, the Crazy Gang go to sea, where one of them discovers a button on his uniform is made from the metal of Aladdin's lamp. The film parodies the 1920 novel Alf's Button by W.A. Darlington and its subsequent film adaptations. The film is 1 hour 29 minutes long and is rated 6.2/10 on IMDb based on 80 users rating.
|Alf's Button Afloat|
Original British trade ad
|Directed by||Marcel Varnel|
|Produced by||Edward Black|
|Written by||Marriott Edgar |
|Based on||W.A. Darlington's "famous farce" Alf's Button|
|Starring||Bud Flanagan |
|Music by||Charles Williams|
|Edited by||R.E. Dearing |
|Distributed by||General Film Distributors|
Gaumont British Picture Corporation (presented by)
- Bud Flanagan as Alf Higgins
- Chesney Allen as Ches
- Jimmy Nervo as Cecil
- Teddy Knox as Teddy
- Charlie Naughton as Charlie
- Jimmy Gold as Jimmy
- Alastair Sim as Eustace
- Wally Patch as Sergeant Hawkins
- Peter Gawthorne as Captain Driscol
- Agnes Lauchlan as Lady Driscol
- Glennis Lorimer as Frankie Driscol
- James Carney as Lieutenant John Hardy
- Wilson Coleman as surgeon
- J.H. Roberts as Aladdin
- Bruce Winston as Mustapha
- Richard Cooper as Lord Wimbledon
- Gifford, Denis (1 April 2016). "British Film Catalogue: Two Volume Set - The Fiction Film/The Non-Fiction Film". Routledge – via Google Books.
- "Alf's Button Afloat (1938)".
- "Alf's Button". 29 October 2007.
- Alf's Button Afloat, retrieved 26 September 2019
This film featured the Royal Royal Marines Band Chatham with Drum Major Day.