Alexander Leslie, 5th Earl of Leven
Alexander Melville (also Alexander Leslie), 5th Earl of Leven (28 May 1695 – 2 September 1754) was the son of David Melville, 3rd Earl of Leven.
A Lord of Session 1734-54; Grand Master of Scottish Freemasons 1741-42 ; High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland 1741-53; a Representative Peer for Scotland 1747-54; a Lord of Police 1754
- David Melville, 6th Earl of Leven (1722–1802)
- http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, OPR Births 685/001 0120 0234
- Bellucci, Antonio (Italian painter (26 June 2008). "Alexander, 5th Earl of Leven (d 1754)" – via www.tara.tcd.ie. Cite journal requires
- http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, OPR Marriages 685/001 0460 0255
- "Archived item". Archived from the original on 5 January 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, OPR Marriages 685/001 0460 0333
- Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1885–1900. .
- http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, OPR Births 448/0020 0041
- "Workspace not found". secure.pbworks.com.
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Leven||Succeeded by|
The Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
| Grand Master of the
Grand Lodge of Scotland
The Earl of Kilmarnock
The Earl of Hyndford
| Lord High Commissioner
The Earl of Hopetoun