|Born||January 9, 1952|
|Fields||Otorhinolaryngology, head and neck surgery, and especially facial plastic surgery|
|Institutions||Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU)|
From 1993 to 2003 he was a director of the department of otorhinolaryngology, face and neck surgery, and professor of the department of otorhinolaryngology at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg. He was dean at the medical faculty there in 1994 and pro-dean from 1996 to 1998. Since 2003 he has been director of the department of otorhinolaryngology at the Medical Campus of the University of Munich and professor of otorhinolaryngology at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Berghaus worked on polyethylene prosthetics for the trachea, ear reconstruction and other uses over his career. He also invented and patented instruments for rhinoplasty that were licensed to Karl Storz GmbH.
With G. Rettinger and G. Böhme he authored a book: Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Heilkunde Hippokrates Verlag, Stuttgart 1996, ISBN 3-7773-0944-3.
In 2001 he became a member of the Academy of Sciences Leopoldina.
- Alexander Berghaus CV
- Staudenmaier, Rainer, ed. (3 May 2010). Aesthetics and functionality in ear reconstruction (Advances in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Vol.68). Basel: Karger. p. Preface VII. ISBN 978-3805593168.
- Berghaus, A (March 1985). "Porous polyethylene in reconstructive head and neck surgery" (PDF). Archives of Otolaryngology (Chicago, Ill. : 1960) (Submitted manuscript). 111 (3): 154–60. doi:10.1001/archotol.1985.00800050048005. PMID 3977737.
- Braun, T; Hempel, JM; Berghaus, A (7 February 2014). "Developmental disorders of the ear in children and adolescents: conservative and surgical treatment options". Deutsches Arzteblatt International. 111 (6): 92–8. doi:10.3238/arztebl.2014.0092. PMC 3953996. PMID 24622605.
- Berghaus, A (June 2006). "New instruments for rhinoplasty: operating mirror and alar guiding set". Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 117 (7): 2224–5. doi:10.1097/01.prs.0000218719.51674.d6. PMID 16772921.
- "Mitgliederverzeichnis (membership directory)" (in German). Academy of Sciences Leopoldina. Retrieved 19 October 2017.