Albert T. Belay (born May 24, 1925) is a Gottschee German cultural activist in New York.
Belay was born in Livold (German: Lienfeld), Slovenia. He left the Gottschee region as a teenager, becoming a displaced person in Austria after the Second World War, and then emigrated to the United States in 1951, where he worked as a civil engineer. He married a fellow Gottschee refugee, Therese Erker, in 1953. Belay served as the president of the 1960 Gottscheer Volksfest in New York and headed the cultural committee of the Gottscheer Relief Association for many years. He is also the chairman of the Gottschee German Men's Choir in New York.
Belay authored the cookbook Hoimischai Khöscht (Home-Style Fare), containing 155 traditional Gottschee German recipes, and narrated the five-part CD series Eine Reise durch Gottschee 1936 (A Journey through Gottschee, 1936). His son Roland Belay is a member of the board of Gottscheer Central Holding, which runs Gottscheer Hall in New York's Ridgewood neighborhood.
- Albert Belay. 1993. Hoimischai Khöscht = Heimische Kost: Küchenrezepte aus Gottschee. New York: Author.
- Albert Belay, narrator. 2015. Eine Reise durch Gottschee 1936 (five-part CD set).
- Ferenc, Mitja; Zupan, Gojko (2012). Izgubljene kočevske vasi, vol. 2 (K–P). Ljubljana: Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani. p. 104.
- "Ing. Albert Belay – Gottscheer Ehrenringträger" (PDF). Gottscheer Gedenkstätte. 52 (2): 14. April 2015. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Gross, Daniel A. (July 14, 2015). "An Attempt to Keep the Dying Gottschee Culture Very Much Alive". Smithsonian. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Petschauer, Erich (1984). "Das Jahrhundertbuch": Gottschee and Its People Through the Centuries. New York: Gottscheer Relief Association. pp. 152–156.
- "116. Frühlingskonzert der Gottscheer Chöre" (PDF). Gottscheer Gedenkstätte. 53 (3): 7. June 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- 60th German-American Steuben Parade: Official Line-Up Book (PDF). New York: German-American Committee of Greater New York. 2017. p. 19. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Belay, Albert (1993). Hoimischai Khöscht = Heimische Kost: Küchenrezepte aus Gottschee. New York: Author.
- Leustik, Hermann. "Audio-visuelle Medien über Gottschee". Gottscheer Medien Digital. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Grieco, Sue (August 9, 2017). "Keeping Alive a Heritage Nearly Destroyed by War". LI Herald. Retrieved February 11, 2018.