Alböke Church, external view]
|Denomination||Church of Sweden|
History and architecture
A church has existed on the site since the Middle Ages. The presently visible church was however erected 1859–62. Building material for the church tower was taken from the old church. The church contains a Romanesque baptismal font, probably made by the artist known as Master Byzantios on Gotland. The pulpit and altarpiece both date from 1794.
- Jacobsson, Britta; Johansson, Eva; Johansson, Per; Andersson, Rolf (1990). Våra kyrkor (in Swedish). Västervik: Klarkullens förlag AB. p. 356. ISBN 91-971561-08.
Media related to Alböke Church at Wikimedia Commons