Sergio Ciani (7 September 1931 – 5 September 2015), best known as Alan Steel, was an Italian bodybuilder and actor.
7 September 1935
|Died||5 September 2015 79) (aged|
Ostia, Rome, Italy
Born in Rome, Ciani started his career as a stuntman; then he became the body double for Steve Reeves in Hercules Unchained and in The Giant of Marathon, in which he also played a minor role. In the early 1960s he adopted the stage name Alan Steel and starred the leading roles in a number of peplum films with good commercial success. With the decline of the genre Steel thinned out his appearances, until his retirement at the end of the 1970s.
Ciani died in his sleep at his house in Ostia, Rome, at age 79, just two days short of what would have been his 80th birthday.
- The Giant of Marathon (1959)
- Samson (1961)
- The Old Testament (1962)
- The Fury of Hercules (1962)
- Samson and the Slave Queen (1963)
- Hercules and the Masked Rider (1963)
- The Rebel Gladiators (1963)
- Hercules Against the Moon Men (1964)
- Hercules and the Black Pirates (1964)
- Hercules Against Rome (1964)
- 3 Avengers (1964)
- Hercules and the Treasure of the Incas (1964)
- Samson and His Mighty Challenge (1965)
- A... For Assassin (1966)
- Fasthand (1972)
- The Little Cowboy (1973)
- Roberto Chiti, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gli attori. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402131.
- "Addio a Sergio Ciani, l'Alan Steel del cinema italiano: da Ercole a Maciste". Il Messaggero. 5 September 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.