|Full name||Alan Obst|
|Date of birth||19 May 1987|
|Original team(s)||Central District (SANFL)|
|Draft||2009 Rookie: North Melbourne|
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
|2008–2009||North Melbourne||5 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2010.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from the South Gawler Football Club, Obst played for South Australia at the 2005 AFL Under 18 Championships. Obst was then drafted by Adelaide with the 48th selection in the 2005 AFL Draft but was delisted at the end of the 2006 AFL season without making his AFL debut. After playing for Central District in the SANFL in 2007, including in their 2007 SANFL Premiership side, he was selected by North Melbourne in the 2008 Rookie Draft.
Obst made his AFL debut in Round 8 of the 2008 AFL season, two days before his 21st birthday. He was badly injured from a collision during the game. He fractured ribs and suffered a collapsed lung, resulting in him being unable to fly home from the Gold Coast and instead was driven home. He return later in the year to play two more games, but was delisted again at the end of the season. North Melbourne then re-selected him in the 2009 Rookie Draft. He only played in the final two matches of the 2009 AFL season and not at all in 2010, before he was delisted from an AFL club for the third time in October 2010.
Obst has twice suffered injuries from late-night incidents at bars, firstly in May 2010 in Melbourne and then in April 2011 in Adelaide, when he received a broken jaw.
- Obst feels right at home
- "South Gawler Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 21 March 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Grand Final 2007: Dog day afternoon". Archived from the original on 11 August 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Alan Obst expected to make full recovery Alan Obst expected to make full recovery
- Overcoming Obst-acles
- Roos cull five players Archived 3 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- North rookie attacked in bar
- Obst has surgery on broken jaw
- Alan Obst's playing statistics from AFL Tables