Al Bawaba (البوابة, Arabic for "the portal" or "the gate") is a news, blogging and media website headquartered in Amman, Jordan with an office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 2001 it publishes the Mena Report, which covers the business and economics in Arab world. Al Bawaba bills itself as "the largest independent producer and distributor of content in the Middle East... [with] a full-time staff of journalists and editors covering the Middle East and North Africa region's events and news".
History and content
Al Bawaba was launched in 2000, and is owned by Al Bawaba Middle East Limited based in Amman, Jordan. It had an office in Kuwait.
The network consists of several web portals and websites, besides Al Bawaba including Al Bawaba Blogs, Al Bawaba Music (music site), Al Bawaba Games (Later Gaming Zone), Sharekna (online photo and video management service), Syndigate (digital content syndication service). It publishes news stories related to the Middle East. It has separate English and Arabic sections.
- Slackman, Michael. "Generation Faithful Young and Arab in Land of Mosques and Bars." The New York Times. 21 September 2008.
- Kevin G. Barnhurst (2007). Media Q: Media/queered : Visibility and Its Discontents. Peter Lang. p. 14. ISBN 978-0-8204-9532-3. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Massoud Derhally (30 May 2001). "MENA Report launched by Al Bawaba". Arabian Business. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "The Al Bawaba Group corporate page". Al Bawaba.
- "Al Bawaba". MediaME. Archived from the original on 2014-09-24. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Company Overview of Al Bawaba Middle East Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "World news guide: Middle East". The Guardian. 5 February 2002. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Archived Al Bawaba Games homepage from August 2001". web.archive.org. 2001-08-13. Retrieved 2019-04-07.