Location of Al-Khafsah in Syria
|Coordinates: 36°13′51″N 38°01′18″E|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
In June 2016, the village was under control of ISIL. On 8 September 2016, ISIL evacuated its headquarters in al-Bab and moved it to Al Khafsah with dozens of vehicles carrying militants and weapons. This came a day after Turkish-led rebel forces expressed their goal of capturing al-Bab. On the evening of the 7 March 2017, Khafsa has been liberated by the Syrian Arab Army (SAA).
- "2004 Census Data for Nahiya Al-Khafsah" (in Arabic). Syrian Central Bureau of Statistics. Also available in English: UN OCHA. "2004 Census Data". Humanitarian Data Exchange.
- "عشرات القتلى والجرحى بقصف جوي روسي بريف حلب الشرقي". AlAraby. 28 June 2016.
- "Islamic State evacuating headquarters in Syria's al-Bab". ARA News. 8 September 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
- "Syrian army captures water station supplying Aleppo from Islamic State". 7 March 2017.
- "ISIS villages surrounded in Aleppo as the Syrian Army captures Al-Khafsah". Al Masdar News. 7 March 2017.