Al-Dhubi, Al-Dubi (Arabic: الضُبي Dhubī), or the Dhubi Sheikhdom (Arabic: مشيخة الضُبي Mashyakhat ad-Dhubī), was a small state in the British Aden Protectorate. Dhubi was located between Mawsata in the southwest, Hadrami in the northeast, Lower Yafa in the south and Upper Yafa in the north.
|State of the Protectorate of South Arabia|
Map of the Federation of South Arabia
|Historical era||20th century|
Its last sheikh was deposed in 1967 upon the founding of the People's Republic of South Yemen and the area is now part of the Republic of Yemen.
Al-Dhubi was one of the five sheikhdoms of Upper Yafa. It was part nominally of the Western Aden Protectorate, although the date of the treaty is unknown. Al-Dhubi never joined the Federation of South Arabia, but became part of the Protectorate of South Arabia between 1963 and 1967.
Al-Dhubi was ruled by sheikhs who bore the title Shaykh al-Mashyakha ad-Dhubiyya.
- c.1750 - 1780 Muhammad
- c.1780 - 1810 Jabir ibn Muhammad
- c.1810 - 1840 `Atif ibn Jabir
- c.1840 - 1870 Ahmad ibn `Atif
- c.1870 - 1900 Salih ibn Ahmad ibn `Atif Jabir
- 1900 - 1915 Muhammad ibn Muthana ibn `Atif Jabir
- Together with `Umar ibn Muthana ibn `Atif Jabir
- 1915 - 1946 Both previous rulers jointly with Salim ibn Salih ibn `Atif Jabir
- 1946 - 1967 `Abd al-Rahman ibn Salih
- Paul Dresch. A History of Modern Yemen. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2000
- R.J. Gavin. Aden Under British Rule: 1839-1967. London: C. Hurst & Company, 1975
- States of the Aden Protectorates