Akshat Singh (born 21 April 2005) is an Indian dancer who came into prominence by showcasing his talent in the Bengali dance reality show Dance Bangla Dance. He then took part in India's reality show India's Got Talent and became an overnight sensation. Singh was also a contestant of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 7). He debuted as an actor in the Malayalam film Ayal Njanalla.
|Known for||Dance India Dance |
India's Got Talent
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
Britain's Got Talent.
Akshat's first work was in the Bengali channel Zee Bangla show Dance Bangla Dance in 2011. Singh appeared in American talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show and became immense popular with his dancing style in India's Got Talent and the video became viral in YouTube with five hundred thousand (5 lakh) views. Singh also appeared in a Japanese television commercial advertisement of Pari Pari Curry. On 27 August 2017 he appeared on the Australian version of the variety show Little Big Shots. The video of his appearance has almost 1 million views on YouTube. In 2019, he auditioned for Britain's Got Talent and danced his way to winning a golden buzzer. However, he did not make it to the finals.
- I am Howrah ka rasgulla: Akshat Singh. Times of India. Stuti Agarwal. 20 February 2014.
- Akshat Singh profile at Colors TV portal. Colors TV.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (20 June 2014). "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa: Akshat Singh: I don't have a six pack like Salman Khan, but I have a one pack". Times of India.
- C Pillai, Radhika (8 December 2014). "Mrudula Murali, Fahadh Faasil to act in Ayal Njanalla". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- Akshat Singh: Where Did the 8-Year-Old Bollywood Dancer Come From?. The Hollywood Reporter. Kanika Lal. 18 February 2014.
- India's Got Talent fame Akshat Singh gets standing ovation on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. India Today. 19 February 2014.
- Meet hilarious Michael Jackson wannabe who has taken India's Got Talent by storm. Daily Mirror. 22 January 2014.
- Bollywood-style commercial for snack company goes viral in Japan
- Rocket News. Krista Rogers. 2 April 2014.
- India’s Got Talent’s Akshat Singh dances in Japanese ad. india.com. Shweta Parande. 11 March 2014.
- Deen, Sarah (21 April 2019). "Britain's Got Talent Golden Buzzer act Akshat Singh is no stranger to TV". Metro. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- I want to get back to my studies now: Akshat Singh. Daily News and Analysis. 14 September 2014.
- Salman Khan calls Akshat Singh ‘bhai’. Times of India. Neha Maheshwari. 14 July 2014.