Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye
|Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye|
Logo of Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Story and Screenplay|
Anil Nagpal and Mohd. Adeel
|Directed by||Mujammil Desai, |
|Creative director(s)||Tanushree Dasgupta (Balaji Telefilms )|
Sandiip Sikcand and Imran Mir
|Opening theme||Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||110|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Life OK|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||7 October 2014 –|
6 March 2015
The show is streaming on online OTT application Hotstar
The show was the television debut of Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre in the fiction genre. The title of the show Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh is inspired by the title song of the 1960 Bollywood film Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai, originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
The show was broadcast between 7 October 2014 and 6 March 2015.
Shobha (Sonali Bendre) is a middle-aged housewife married to a politician, Samarth (Harsh Chhaya). The couple has two little children and a seemingly happy marriage until Shobha discovers that her husband is having an affair, and is involved in corruption through a news broadcast. Left all devastated, she doesn't know what to expect from life after it became the new gossip of the nation, but for the sake of her children and her husband's innocent family she decides to pursue a career.
Her new journey to be independent goes through major ups and downs, whilst she tries to figure out her seemingly arrogant, yet mysterious boss, Vikram Ahuja(Apurva Agnihotri) . He inspires her to make an identity for herself and not rely on the one her husband has left her with. As she gets to know the man Vikram is, they form an unnamed, yet a divine bond. As her kids fall in love with the man too, their relationship becomes so strong that it's pure.
Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh is a rom-com that revolves around the lives of Vikram and Shobha, and their families—how they overcome their pasts for a better future.
- Vivana Singh as Sarika Sachdev/Madhura Kashyap
- Alka Amin as Sharda Sachdev, Samarth's mother
- Devyansh Tapuriah as Rehaan
- Kreesha Shah as Jia
- Ruchi Savarn as Garima Ganguly
- Sandeep Rajora as Tarun
- Anurag Sharma as Sandeep
- Mihika Verma as Shikha
- Rushad Rana as Saurabh Ganguly
- Gaurav Nanda as Anil
- Prashant Chawla as Sanjay Ganguly
- Vivian Dsena as Abhay
- Garima Kapoor as Riddhima
- Preeti Gupta as Shobha's friend
Initially, the show was seen as fresh take on the saas-bahu trope in Indian television serials. Explaining why the show was taken off air, the show's co-creator Ekta Kapoor said that audiences were not ready for progressive shows that showed a married woman choosing to move on even after her husband mistreats her. In another interview in 2017, Kapoor said that the show was poorly received as the idea of a woman in a bad marriage moving out and leaving her husband did not match the general accepted thought process of a family despite the show's depiction of reality.
- Sonali Bendre's show to replace 'Baawre'?
- title=Watch Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh
- Sonali Bendre is childlike, says TV actor Apurva Agnihotri – Daily News & Analysis
- Sonali Bendre enters fiction space on TV with Ajeeb Daastan Hai Yeh
- I never thought of doing a fiction show: Sonali Bendre
- Ekta Kapoor's next show on Life Ok titled Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh
- "Sonali Bendre was interested in Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh bEcause iT was a finite show - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Sonali Bendre is childlike: Apurva Agnihotri". The Indian Express. 23 September 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Harsh Chhaya to make comeback with 'Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Ye', says not interested in playing father". The Indian Express. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Yeh / Pilgrim's progress". The Indian Express. 24 October 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Stop Calling Indian TV 'Regressive' – You're Part of the Problem". The Quint. 18 June 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Ekta Kapoor on why nobody questions TV, ideas that didn't work and her dream to see Ranveer Singh on small screen". The Indian Express. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2019.