Agenda (Australian TV program)
Agenda is the name given to a series of Australian television news and commentary programs, broadcast on Sky News Australia throughout the week. The Agenda series of bulletins serve as the channel's flagship program.
Logo for the Agenda programs
|Also known as||AM Agenda|
|Genre||News, Current Affairs, Commentary|
|Presented by||Kieran Gilbert (AM) |
Laura Jayes (Lunchtime)
David Speers (PM)
David Lipson (Saturday)
Peter van Onselen (Sunday)
Kristina Keneally (Sunday)
Jim Middleton (Weekend)
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Running time||30 mins – 2 hours|
|Original network||Sky News Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||4 July 2010 –|
The series focuses on mainly political topics, and in each episode the host usually interviews a guest, and is then usually joined by either Sky News contributors or politicians from opposing sides of politics debating the issues of the day.
With the exception of Sunday Agenda and the Thursday episode of PM Agenda, the program is broadcast live from the Sky News studio at Parliament House in Canberra. The other programs are broadcast from the main Sky News centre in the Sydney suburb of Macquarie Park.
Lunchtime Agenda was ended on 29 May 2015, when it was replaced by To The Point co-hosted by Peter van Onslen and Kristina Keneally. Saturday Agenda ended in 2015, when its presenter David Lipson defected to the ABC and the format was eventually replaced by Pyne & Marles.
While the contemporary Australian Agenda debuted on 4 July 2010, the title had previously been used for a weekly interview program presented by John Gatfield in at least 2001. The edition rebranded as Sunday Agenda on 9 July 2016.
|AM Agenda||60 mins||Kieran Gilbert|
|PM Agenda||120 mins||David Speers||This program is usually broadcast from the Canberra studio, however on Thursdays was broadcast from Sydney due to Speers hosting primetime program The Nation in another Sydney studio, however this ended in 2016, when The Nation was replaced by Speers Tonight. Extended to two hours from 2013. Also includes The Last Word.|
|Sunday Agenda||60 mins||Peter van Onselen|
Kristina Keneally (2017-present)
|Sunday morning talk show from Sydney studios. Co-produced with The Australian, and features the newspaper's editor Paul Kelly as co-host. Debuted 4 July 2010 with David Speers originally as host. Formerly replayed at 1:30pm AEST. Previously titled Australian Agenda until 3 July 2016.|
|Weekend Agenda||120 mins||Jim Middleton||Began in July 2016 as a weekend extension of PM Agenda.|
|Late Agenda||60 mins||Helen Dalley||The only primetime edition of Agenda. Ended and replaced with The Dalley Edition.|
|Lunchtime Agenda||30 mins||Laura Jayes||When Parliament is sitting, this program lead directly into the live broadcast of Question time. Final episode aired May 29, 2015, when it was replaced by To The Point.|
|Saturday Agenda||Chris Kenny (until June 2013)|
David Lipson (July 2013-2015)
|Ended in late 2015. Replaced by Pyne & Marles.|
- Knox, David (May 19, 2015). "More politics in SKY News revamp". TV Tonight. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- Healey, Briana (30 October 2015). "Sky News political reporter David Lipson joins ABC Lateline". Influencing. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Molloy, Shannon (28 January 2016). "Christopher Pyne ... the TV star? The colourful MP lands his own weekly show, alongside rival Richard Marles". The Daily Telegraph. Sydney. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Knox, David (2 July 2010). "Airdate: Australian Agenda". TV Tonight. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Transcript of Panel Discussion - Medical negligence payout, with John Gatfield, 'Australian Agenda', Sky Television". Australian Medical Association. 29 November 2001. Archived from the original on 3 June 2016. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Paul Murray and PVO to work weekends too". MediaWeek. 29 June 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "SKY AM Agenda with host Kieran Gilbert and Andrew Leigh MP". July 18, 2013. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "New On Sky News". Foxtel. January 18, 2013. Archived from the original on August 21, 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Knox, David (19 December 2016). "SKY News 2017: highlights". TV Tonight. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- Canning, Simon (2 July 2010). "Sky is the limit for new political TV show". The Australian. Retrieved 13 May 2016.(subscription required)
- Knox, David (18 July 2016). "New weekend line-up on SKY News". TV Tonight. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Connect: Sky News Team". Sky News Australia. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Di Natale, Richard (19 July 2012). "Sky News Late Agenda on West Papua". The Greens. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Sky News - Lunchtime Agenda (with Laura Jayes)". November 24, 2014. Archived from the original on March 10, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- David Lipson [@davidlipson] (28 May 2015). "Final #lunchagenda EVER shortly. Speaking to Indiginous Min Nigel Scullion about #Recognise + @AlanTudgeMP and Doug Cameron @SkyNewsAust" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Knox, David (26 June 2013). "SKY News adds Friday Night Live edition". TV Tonight. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Sky News - Saturday Agenda with David Lipson". January 24, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2015.