Affinity is a 2008 UK film adaptation of Sarah Waters' 1999 novel of the same name; directed by Tim Fywell and written by Andrew Davies. It stars Zoë Tapper, Anna Madeley, Domini Blythe, Amanda Plummer, and Mary Jo Randle. The film was nominated for the GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series.
|Directed by||Tim Fywell|
|Produced by||Adrian Bate|
|Written by||Andrew Davies (screenwriter)|
Sarah Waters (novel)
Mary Jo Randle
|Music by||Frédéric Weber|
|Edited by||Mary Finlay|
Affinity is set in Victorian England; the story of an upper-class woman, Margaret (Anna Madeley), who becomes an official "Visitor" to a woman's prison; however, she becomes emotionally attached to one of the inmates, Selina (Zoe Tapper).
As the story progresses through Selina's shady background, and Margaret's dislike of her home life; a plot to break out of the prison develops. But just what the plan is, and who calls the shots is yet to be discovered.
- Zoë Tapper as Selina Dawes
- Anna Madeley as Margaret Prior
- Domini Blythe as Mother Prior
- Amanda Plummer as Miss Ridley
- Mary Jo Randle as Mrs Jelf
- Caroline Loncq as Ruth Vigers
- Anne Reid as Mrs Brink
- Vincent Leclerc as Theophilus
- Anna Massey as Miss Haxby
- Ferelith Young as Helen
- Sara Lloyd-Gregory as Madeleine
- Brett Watson as Stephen Prior
- Candis Nergaard as Black Eyed Sue
- Kenneth Hadley as Prison Porter
- Sarah Crowden as Ada
- Nickolas Grace as Mr Hither
- Paul Clayton as Mr Vincy
- "Review of "Affinity"". AfterEllen. Archived from the original on 18 May 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Affinity by Sarah Waters". Chasing Bawa. 17 April 2010. Archived from the original on 24 April 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- "Affinity (DVD)". Dooyoo.co.uk. 12 January 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- "'Milk,' Tyra Banks among nominees for 20th GLAAD Media Awards". Entertainment Weekly. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 4 April 2017.