The Aerolab LoCamp is an Italian amateur-built aircraft, designed and originally produced by Aerolab SRL of Gallarate. The aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction, although the company plans to also certify the aircraft to JAR-VLA as well as produce a light-sport aircraft category version.
Golden Age Aeroworks
|Status||In production (2015)|
US$39,000 (kit, 2015)
Design and development
The LoCamp is intended to resemble a 1930s style light aircraft. It features a cantilever low-wing, a two-seats-in-tandem open cockpit with polycarbonate windscreens, fixed conventional landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft fuselage is made from welded steel tubing, with the wing built from wood or optionally aluminum sheet and its flying surfaces covered in doped aircraft fabric. Its 9.10 m (29.9 ft) span wing employs a NACA 4416 airfoil, has an area of 13.5 m2 (145 sq ft) and mounts flaps. The standard engine available is the 110 hp (82 kW) Rotec R2800 four-stroke radial engine, although the 65 hp (48 kW) Walter Mikron MIIIC was under evaluation by the manufacturer.
In 2015 the manufacturer was considering producing a fully assembled special light-sport aircraft version.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 9.10 m (29 ft 10 in)
- Wing area: 13.5 m2 (145 sq ft)
- Airfoil: NACA 4416
- Empty weight: 385 kg (849 lb)
- Gross weight: 599 kg (1,321 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 120 litres (26 imp gal; 32 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotec R2800 seven cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke radial engine, 82 kW (110 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed wooden, 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) diameter
- Maximum speed: 195 km/h (121 mph, 105 kn)
- Cruise speed: 171 km/h (106 mph, 92 kn)
- Stall speed: 67 km/h (42 mph, 36 kn) with full flaps
- Never exceed speed: 213 km/h (132 mph, 115 kn)
- Range: 732 km (455 mi, 395 nmi)
- g limits: +4.0/-2.0
- Rate of climb: 4 m/s (790 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 44.4 kg/m2 (9.1 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 91. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 92. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Downey, Julia: 2008 Kit Aircraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 24, Number 12, December 2007, page 38. Primedia Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Golden Age Aeroworks LLC (2016). "About Golden Age Aeroworks LLC". goldenageaeroworks.com. Archived from the original on 20 March 2017. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- Aerolab SRL. "LoCamp Data Sheet". Archived from the original on 3 March 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Aerolab SRL. "HiCamp Data Sheet". Archived from the original on 17 May 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Aerolab SRL. "BiCamp Data Sheet". Archived from the original on 18 April 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.