Adventurers (Seventh-day Adventist)
Master Guide neckerchief Adventurer Club
|Motto||Because Jesus loves me, I can always do my best.|
|Type||Adventist youth organization|
|Part of a series on|
Inspired by its "older brother", the Pathfinder Club, the Adventurer Club is a program focused on education of children aged 6–9 years with additional sections for children ages 4 and 5.
The club was founded in 1972. In 1988, the invited interested associations and experts in children to study and improve the design of the Adventurer Club. A committee met a year later (1989) to update the curriculum and specialties, and establish standards for the organization and how the club should function. Leaders participating in this work included Sabbath School Children, educators, Children's Ministry Coordinators(Adventist department that develops programs specifically for children), and other experts in family and early childhood education.
In 1991, the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Church authorized a global program, setting goals, curriculum, flag, uniform and ideals.
Based on work by the Florida Conference the Adventurer Club program has now been expanded to cover:
- Little Lambs-Pre-K/Age 4
- Eager Beaver-Kindergarten/Age 5
The names of the levels may vary in different languages and regions. For example, in the South Pacific Division, where there are no native beavers, the level for 5 year old children is called Little Fish instead.
- Entrevista ao Pr. Jonathan Tejel Archived 2017-12-28 at the Wayback Machine. Juventude Adventista Portuguesa. 2017
- Clube de Aventureiros ajuda crianças carentes Archived November 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Brazilian voices (in Portuguese)
- Lançamento do Clubde de Aventureiros da IASD na Cohab 2 em Bacabal-MA Castro Digital (in Portuguese)
- Aventureiros Archived 2012-12-03 at Archive.today Associação Paulistana da IASD (in Portuguese)
- Світогляд – Філософія – Релігія Archived 2013-09-27 at the Wayback Machine UABS (in Russian)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2013-05-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adventurer Club.|