Advance (shipwrecked 1933)
Advance was a screw steamer that was wrecked when she sprang a leak whilst carrying tea-tree saplings between Taree, New South Wales and Coopernook. She was lost on the Manning River, New South Wales on 17 June 1933.
|Owner:||North Coast Steam Navigation Company|
|Ship registration number:||Unknown|
|Ship official number:||69|
|Ship primary use:||Transport|
|Ship passenger capacity:||Unknown|
The wreck has not been located, but her approximate coordinates are 31.88°S 152.7°E.
- Online Databases
- Australian National Shipwreck Database - Shipwreck Database
- Australian Shipping - Arrivals and Departures 1788-1968 including shipwrecks
- Encyclopedia of Australian Shipwrecks - New South Wales Shipwrecks
- Wrecks on the New South Wales Coast. By Loney, J. K. (Jack Kenneth), 1925–1995 Oceans Enterprises. 1993 ISBN 978-0-646-11081-3.
- Australian Shipwrecks - vol1 1622-1850, Charles Bateson, AH and AW Reed, Sydney, 1972, ISBN 0-589-07112-2, Call number 910.4530994 BAT
- Australian shipwrecks Vol. 2 1851–1871 By Loney, J. K. (Jack Kenneth), 1925–1995. Sydney. Reed, 1980 910.4530994 LON
- Australian shipwrecks Vol. 3 1871–1900 By Loney, J. K. (Jack Kenneth), 1925–1995. Geelong Vic: List Publishing, 1982 910.4530994 LON
- Australian shipwrecks Vol. 4 1901–1986 By Loney, J. K. (Jack Kenneth), 1925–1995. Portarlington Vic. Marine History Publications, 1987 910.4530994 LON
- Australian shipwrecks Vol. 5 Update 1986 By Loney, J. K. (Jack Kenneth), 1925–1995. Portarlington Vic. Marine History Publications, 1991 910.4530994 LON