Adv.Sanjay Jain ( born May 17, 1962, New Delhi, India). He is Serving as Additional Solicitor General of India for Supreme Court of India from January 15, 2019.He was Enrolled as an Advocate on August 8, 1985 with Bar Council of Delhi (D/330/85). Designated as Senior Advocate by Delhi High Court in 2005 & also Appointed as Additional Solicitor General of India for Delhi High Court on July 22, 2014 and served there till March 5, 2018.
|Born||May 17, 1962 57) (age|
- As a member of High Powered Committee appointed by the Delhi High Court to review the law relating to Transport of Human Organs, drafted the proposed amendments in the principal Act and Rules, which were eventually passed by the Parliament.
- Appointed Amicus Curiae in several matters of public importance. At present assisting court as Amicus curiae in PIL relating to menace of pesticide and artificial colouring of fruits and vegetables.
- Delivered Lectures on the topic of Enforcement of Intellectual Property laws in India at the Institute of Company Secretaries.
- Delivered several lectures on Civil Procedure Code and Civil Practice at Indian law Institute in workshops organised for law lecturers.
- Mr. Sanjay Jain having studied at Delhi University where he pursued B.Com Hons., in 1982, LL.B in 1985 and Post Graduation in Political Science in 1988.
- Being a first generation lawyer, Mr. Jain started off with his practice in 1985 and with his time and efforts put into the profession, his calibre as a meritorious professional did not go unrecognised and he was appointed as a Central Government Standing Counsel in the year 2001. The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi further designated him as a Senior Advocate in 2005. After having served as an Additional Solicitor General of India from July 2014 to March 2018, he has once again returned to his private practice.
- Mr. Jain, having successfully appeared in numerous high profile and distinguished cases for the Central Government and Public Sector Undertakings, has been subject to wide media coverage while guiding the latter with many memorable victories, as he successfully engineered his arguments for the constitutional primacy of Lt. Governor in governance of NCT of Delhi; for upholding the constitutional validity of coal block auctions, for handling of Taj Mansingh Hotel eviction case in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, defending the ban on Islamic Research Foundation; while also supervising and appearing in several white collar crime related matters involving money laundering, including Augusta Westland Scam, etc.
- Mr. Sanjay Jain has also appeared before National Human Rights Commission, in matters relating to Kashmiri Migrants, use of Asbestos water pipes and working conditions of Diamond processing factory at Vizag. He has also successfully appeared before the National Green Tribunal in matters concerning Environmental Protection.
- He furthermore, has had the occasion to represent the Indian Government in the Special Tribunals to ban outlawed organisations such as ULFA, etc. in the North East.
- Mr. Jain has been on the advisory list of several ministries and institutions of national learning and has also co-authored the recommendations on behalf of a Court appointed committee to re-examine the procedure of human organ donations for transplants.
- Mr. Jain holds an important position in the Governing Council of ILI; an active Member of IIC, IHC and International Arbitration Centre under the aegis of the Delhi High Court. He has also been associated with different Bar Associations.
- Today, in recognition of his outstanding contribution in the field of law, Mr. Sanjay Jain is being conferred Capital Foundation National Award by Mr. Prakash Javadekar Hon’ble Union HRD Minister in the distinguished presence of His Excellency Prof. Jagdish Mukhi, Hon”ble Governor of Assam.
- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Additional-Solicitor-General-(ASG)-Sanjay-Jain Times Of India Retrieved OCT 05, 2018
- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Sanjay-Jain-appointed-new-ASG/articleshow/38881673.cms Times Of India Retrieved Jul 23, 2014
- https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/president-appoints-senior-advocates-sanjay-jain-k-m-nataraj-as-additional-solicitor-generals/articleshow/67559777.cms economictimes.indiatimes.com Retrieved Jan 16, 2019..
- https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/senior-advocate-sanjay-jain-appointed-as-additional-solicitor-general-in-sc-119011601248_1.html Retrieved January 16, 2019
- https://hwnews.in/news/national-news/sanjay-jain-appointed-additional-solicitor-general-india-supreme-court/72541 hwnews.in Retrieved jan 2019