|Predecessor||Kronos (founded in 1951) and Agenzia Di Notizie (founded in 1959)|
|Founded||1963(by merger of Kronos and Agenzia Di Notizie)|
|Parent||Giuseppe Marra Communications|
|Website|| • adnkronos.com, agency's official website (in Italian)|
• adnkronos.com/AKI/English, agency's official English-language website
History and profile
The agency was expanded to include Adnkronos Salute which is a health agency. In 2003, the agency established its International office, Adnkronos International, which provides news and reports in Arabic and English, mainly from the Arab world.
The Italian edition of the World Almanac, Il libro dei fatti, is being published by the agency.
- Gaspari, Federico (2013). "A phraseological comparison of international news agency reports published online: Lexical bundles in the English-language output of ANSA, Adnkronos, Reuters and UPI". Studies in Variation, Contacts and Change in English. 13. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Iran, Italy news agencies agree to promote cooperation". IRNA. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- The Europa World Year Book 2003. Taylor & Francis. 10 July 2003. p. 2247. ISBN 978-1-85743-227-5. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- Gino Moliterno (11 September 2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Italian Culture. Routledge. p. 406. ISBN 978-1-134-75877-7. Retrieved 13 September 2014.