Administrative divisions of Haiti
The administrative divisions of Haiti are concerned with the institutional and territorial organization of Haitian territory. There are many administrative divisions which may have political (local government), electoral (districts), or administrative (decentralized services of the state) objectives.
- 10 departments.
- The departments are subdivided into 42 arrondissements.
- The arrondissements are subdivided into 144 communes.
- The communes are subdivided into 65 quarters.
- The quarters are subdivided into 571 communal sections.
Geographically, the departments are the largest territorial divisions, regrouping into arrondissements (districts) and communes (municipalities). The Arrondissement, encompasses a number of communes. While the Commune is composed of the city, neighborhoods and communal sections are basic territorial subdivisions. Quarters are neighborhoods whose status remain vague, and an ill-defined territory.
- Olivier, Louis-Joseph, ed. (14 August 2015). "Création de cinq nouvelles communes par décret présidentiel" (in French). Le Nouvelliste. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Press, ed. (16 August 2015). "Haïti - Politique : 5 nouvelles communes en Haïti". Haiti Libre. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Mars 2015 Population Totale, Population de 18 ans et Plus Menages et Densites Estimes en 2015" (PDF). Institut Haïtien de Statistique et d’Informatique (IHSI). Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 November 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Press, ed. (March 2002). "Organisation Territoriale des Collectivités" (PDF) (in French). Commission nationale a la reforme administrative (CNRA). Retrieved 6 June 2017.