Addam Maric (born 18 April 1990) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for Richmond and Melbourne in the Australian Football League (AFL). He is unrelated to former Richmond teammate, Ivan Maric and their surnames are pronounced differently (Addam "Marrick" and Ivan "Marrich").
|Full name||Addam Maric|
|Date of birth||18 April 1990|
|Place of birth||Melbourne|
|Original team(s)||Greenvale/Calder Cannons|
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of Round 2012.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Maric plays as a small forward, but can also be used in the backline. He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL U/18 National Championships in 2007. Maric was taken with the 21st selection in the National Draft in the 2007 AFL Draft earning a reputation as one of the most accurate kicks in the under 18 competition. After spending most of the 2008 season playing for Melbourne's VFL affiliate Sandringham, Maric was named to play against North Melbourne at the MCG for round 17. He completed his year 12 (final year) at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School.
Maric wore the number 19 for the Demons, and number 38 for Sandringham. He has been assigned number 47 for Richmond.
After four years with Melbourne, in which Maric had only managed 21 matches and struggled to string together consecutive appearances, there was speculation in the 2011 trade week that he would be traded to North Melbourne. Although Melbourne list manager, Tim Harrington, said that "the deal will be done", it did not eventuate. Two days after trade week ended, the Demons delisted Maric. Maric nominated for the draft and expected to be selected by North Melbourne. After beginning the 2012 pre-season with Richmond however, the Tigers selected Maric with the seventh overall pick in the 2012 Rookie Draft.
- Greenberg, Tony (15 December 2011). "Greenberg's draft Grabs". Richmond Football Club. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Tormey, Mick (25 July 2008). "McDonald back, Maric to debut for Demons". Australian Football League. Archived from the original on 24 May 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Spits, Scott (13 October 2011). "Demon Maric likely to join Kangaroos". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Quayle, Emma (18 October 2011). "Bombers fail to snare Caddy". The Age. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Holmesby, Luke (19 October 2011). "Demons axe Maric, rookies". Australian Football League. Archived from the original on 23 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "North re-signs Firrito, Campbell". Australian Broadcasting Company. Australian Associated Press. 19 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Macgugan, Mark (14 October 2011). "Kangaroos say 'no deal' on duo". Australian Football League. Archived from the original on 16 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Tigers take six rookies". Richmond Football Club. 13 December 2011. Archived from the original on 8 January 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Richmond Football Club (7 September 2012); Richmond list changes Archived 9 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine