Adam Fleming (journalist)
Adam Fleming (born 2 April 1980) is a Scottish journalist and news reporter for BBC News. He is currently their Brussels correspondent, but has previously worked for Daily Politics and Newsround. He co-presents the podcast and television programme Brexitcast.
|Born||2 April 1980|
|Education||Hutchesons' Grammar School|
|Alma mater||Hertford College, Oxford|
|Employer||The Herald • Daily Record • STV • BBC|
Fleming was born in 1980 in Glasgow and educated at Hutchesons' Grammar School, an independent school, from 1989 to 1998. He went on to Hertford College at Oxford University where he studied Geography, graduating in 2001 with a first class degree. Whilst at Oxford, Fleming edited The Oxford Student newspaper and worked in local radio.
Fleming began working for the BBC, and was sponsored by them to study broadcast journalism on a postgraduate diploma course at City University, London. Fleming worked on CBBC's news programme, Newsround in 2002 whilst still studying. He has been a live reporter for BBC News 24 (in 2006), a Westminster reporter (in 2008) and a BBC Three 60 Seconds presenter.
As the BBC's Brussels Correspondent, Fleming has acted as a regular reporter on Daily Politics and its successor Politics Live. He has focused on EU politics and particularly Brexit, establishing the podcast Brexitcast with fellow correspondent Chris Mason, political editor Laura Kuenssberg and Europe editor Katya Adler.
- "BBC - Daily and Sunday Politics - Adam Fleming". BBC. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Founders' Day 2007". web.archive.org. 27 September 2007. Archived from the original on 27 February 2007. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
Adam attended Hutchesons’ from 1989 to 1998 and achieved brilliant academic success. He has a first class degree in Geography from Hertford College, Oxford, where he edited the Oxford student newspaper, and he took a postgraduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism at City University, London and was sponsored by BBC News. Adam joined BBC Newsround in 2002. In August 2006 he went on secondment to BBC News 24 as a live reporter.
- "Adam Fleming". City University, London Staff. Angel Radio. Archived from the original on 16 July 2002. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Haseldine, Katie. "Podcast of the week: Brexitcast". www.femalefirst.co.uk. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Bryan, Scott (12 April 2019). "Brexitcast: 'We're like The Avengers – we assemble when required'". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Electioncast: The Receipts Special". Electioncast. BBC. Retrieved 1 December 2019. Text " Brexitcast " ignored (help)