Across the Pacific (1926 film)
Across the Pacific is a lost 1926 American silent romantic adventure film produced by Warner Bros., directed by Roy del Ruth and starring Monte Blue. It was based on a 1900 play by Charles Blaney and J. J. McCloskey. The play had been filmed before in 1914 with Dorothy Dalton. It is unknown, but the film might have been released with a Vitaphone soundtrack.
|Across the Pacific|
Myrna Loy as Roma
|Directed by||Roy del Ruth|
|Produced by||Darryl Zanuck|
|Written by||Darryl Zanuck (adaptation)|
|Based on||Across the Pacific|
by Charles Blaney
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc. (as A Warner Brothers Production)|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles) with Vitaphone (music score and sound effects)|
After his father brings disgrace on his family, Monte joins the Spanish–American War and goes with his regiment to the Philippines. Although he has a sweetheart back home, Claire Marsh, he is enlisted to romance a half-caste girl, Roma, who knows the whereabouts of the Philippine leader Emilio Aguinaldo. Monte must keep up the ruse even when Claire comes to the islands to visit him. He finally gets the information that he needs but not before he is branded a deserter and then must prove his mettle on the battlefield. When the insurrection is squelched and Aguinaldo is captured, Monte is able to explain everything to Claire, and the couple is reunited.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1-31 p 5 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- 1957 MOVIES FROM AAP Warner Bros Features & Cartoons SALES BOOK DIRECTED AT TV
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: Across the Pacific (1926)
- Across the Pacific at Arne Andersen's Lost Film Files: Warner Brothers 1926 Archived December 20, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- White Munden, Kenneth, ed. (1997). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States: Feature Films, 1921-1930. University of California Press. pp. 4–5. ISBN 0-520-20969-9.
- Across the Pacific (1914) at IMDb
- Across the Pacific on IMDb
- Across the Pacific at AllMovie
- lobby poster in French
- lobby card
- Across the Pacific at the Internet Broadway Database (source material)