Accused (1936 film)
Accused is a 1936 British mystery film directed by Thornton Freeland and starring Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Dolores del Río and Florence Desmond. It was made at Isleworth Studios by the independent Criterion Films, which Fairbanks was a co-owner of. The film's sets were designed by Edward Carrick.
|Directed by||Thornton Freeland|
|Produced by||Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.|
|Written by||Zoë Akins|
|Starring||Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.|
Dolores del Río
|Music by||Percival Mackey|
|Edited by||Conrad von Molo|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
Two dance partners become embroiled in a murder mystery when one of the dancers is accused of murder.
- Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. as Tony Seymour
- Dolores del Río as Gaby Seymour
- Florence Desmond as Yvette Delange
- Edward Rigby as Alphonse de la Riveire
- Basil Sydney as Eugene Roget
- Googie Withers as Ninette Duval
- J.H. Roberts as President of Court
- Cecil Humphreys as Prosecuting Counsel
- Esme Percy as Morel
- Moore Marriott as Dubec
- Cyril Raymond as Guy Henry
- Roland Culver as Henry Capelle
- Leo Genn as Man
- Wood p.89
- Harris, Ed. Britain's Forgotten Film Factory: The Story of Isleworth Studios. Amberley Publishing, 2012.
- Low, Rachael. The History of the British Film, 1929-1939. Film Making in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1929-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.